Monday, December 3, 2012

Roots of my Family


Father’s side: As I noted in my post on my family story, my father’s side of the family can be traced back many generations. Let’s start with Roger Burlingame. It was the first Burlingame to come to America. Roger was born in Darwich, Kent, England in 1620. He left his wife and family in England because the British Army sent him to the New World. After he arrived in America he resigned from the Army and went to buy a farm for his family. He sent for his family to be moved here as well, but unfortunately his wife had died. He then remarried a woman named Mary Lippitt. After Roger passed his estate was split up between his son’s Roger and John and his granddaughters Freelove, Frances, and Deborah. Next is Jan Tisler (John Tischler). It is unsure of when and why he came to America. The only document proving that he and his wife Meri Hendrick (Mary Hendrick) were Hungarian was on their son Edward’s birth certificate. His simply states that both of his parents were of Hungarian descent. Since Edward was born in 1895 we know they came to America prior than that but it is also unsure if Edward is the eldest child. Someone in my family on my grandmother’s side was able to trace the Sporck family back to the 1490s. I have been unable to find any information stating that and most of the information I have on the Sporck family is here say.

Mother’s side: Unfortunately no one on my mother’s side of the family has been curious about family history. Also with the common last name of Miller, all the research I have done has come to a dead end. I can only trace back to great grandparents which were U.S citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment