Monday, December 3, 2012

Civil War Museum






The main reason my husband and I went to Old Town Spring was to see the Civil War Museum. Luckily the visitors center had a map of each of the buildings in the city because if I was just walking around I don’t think I would have been able to find it. It was a small building somewhat hidden in a little courtyard area. When I saw that the Civil War Museum was an option to go to I figured it would be a large museum not a one roomed building completely packed with artifacts. The gentleman there was very informative. He was having a conversation with my husband most of the time because my husband is very much so into history especially when it comes to wars. I just looked around and took pictures. What I found interesting was around the edges of the room there was many glass showcases that had a large amount of artifacts in them. The pictures that I could take did not come out well due to the glare. The showcase of weapons was one of my favorites. In the center of the room were displays of wars. There was one of the Battle of Antietam and another on Pickett’s Charge. They were intriguing to look at with all the men’s placement and detail. I also noticed replicas of the union and confederate uniforms. It was first time actually looking at them that close. Lastly I noticed the flags. It’s interesting to see how far the American flag has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment